Monday, December 5, 2011

Guilt

So yesterday I went out to lunch with my mom and brother. We finished around one and I knew I should've taken Teller home for a nap but he really really need new clothes so I took him to the mall and prayed he would nap in his stroller. Well, as it turns out, they grow out of that. I did get him a ton of new clothes (and when I say I, I mean my mom) and a few things for me. By the time I get home, it was too late for a nap and he saw our neighbor who babysits him occasionally outside helping her mom decorate. He wanted to play with her so we walked over, he was quite delirious. He played for a little while and decided he wanted to go in their house to look at the tree. He was going up the brick steps and went down face first. I heard a terrible noise and prayed it wasn't his head. I picked him up and blood was gushing from his forehead. Evan met me at the emergency room and 2 1/2 hours and 4 stitches later we headed home. My poor baby. They had to tie him down and I had his middle and Evan had his feet while they put shots in his forehead and sewed it close. Teller screamed bloody murder the whole time. It was really awful. He got over it pretty quickly and thanked the doctor and high-fived the nurse, an amazing child I have:). I had a mini meltdown this morning but am getting past it. He is doing fine and he will get the stitches out Wednesday.

I let Mary go. I came home last Saturday and they were both asleep in the bed. She got up and came in the living room. She wanted a ride to the bus stop, which is literally 1 block away so she woke him up. He has been begging for her not to come lately. I thought it was because he wanted one of us with him but he started saying "what about Becca" "what about Rachel" okay that is weird. He would scream and cry and throw fits when she got there, which he never does so I knew something was wrong. I took off Saturday and we spent the day at the park and the zoo. It was really a lot of fun. Then we cam home and he took a nap and I did laundry for the first time in 2 years. When I thought about the $600 a month I am now saving, it wasn't that bad.

H went poo poo on the potty yesterday and pee pee this morning. YAY!

His favorite book is Where The Wild Things Are and he has it memorized. We were in Target today getting supplies for my gingerbread house class and he decided to recite it at the top of his lungs. Since his accident last night, he is now allowed to do whatever he wants. He threw up this morning so I took the day off work to keep an eye on him. BTW, Target has like 6 aisles of Christmas candy. $130 on fucking christmas candy. My class is going to be absolutely adorable though. Creole cottages and shotguns. So cute.

1 comment:

  1. I hope Teller is feeling better ...and post some pics of the class on facebook. I bet it's going to be so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie First Birthday tickers