It all started at about 4:30 a.m. Friday morning. I walked into work to the smell of smoke. I realized they had left all of the smoking materials from the turkeys out all night. I rinsed them in the sink and left them to soak. I looked in the refrigerator and saw 4 turkey breast wrapped up and in a leaked pile of turkey fat all over the floor of my cooler. "they must have been in a hurry" I thought. They probably had to wait for the turkeys to cool down to leave. I looked in the log book and saw they clocked out at 3:20. Hmmmm....I left a little before 3 and they were still in the oven. I texted the cook and he assured me that they properly cooled and he actually left later than he said. And why wouldn't I believe him, doesn't everybody like to work for free. My gut said throw the turkeys out, it's not worth it. I decided to have Evan make the call. He came over to Tartine and and tasted one. "Let's see how I feel tomorrow and we will decide." Evan got sick about 1:30 a.m. Saturday morning. Non-stop vomiting and diarrhea. He could not work Saturday and he is still in bed right now. I could kill Ben. Instead I am firing him and I'm back to making the bread 6 days a week. I have an ad on craigslist and have gotten tons of replies.
I had to go to Restaurant Depot this morning and do Tartine shopping because Evan is so sick. I had my Mom come over and watch Teller. When I walked in the restaurant I noticed some broken porcelain. I walked into the kitchen to find the dishwasher had stacked every plate in the restaurant on a shelf above the sink which could not handle the weight and ripped out of the wall. I am now looking for a new dishwasher as well. My Mom put Teller down for a nap and went to pier one and bought me forty new plates and then came to Tartine and rolled silverware.
I am making Evan a pot of split pea soup. He is literally going to the bathroom every 5 minutes so we will see how that goes. So that was my weekend.
That sucks!!!! I hope this week is much better for you than the weekend.
ReplyDelete