Sunday, July 24, 2011

Goodbye Kathryn S.

I love Sundays. I always wake up first and get to enjoy my coffee, catch up on FB, twitter, blogs, stocks, etc. I have had one helluva week. Tartine was slammed, line out the door, not a table to be had crazy. On top of that we had over a thousand dollars just in catering. Sooo stressful. Evan has been pretty busy too, never too busy to help me out though:).

Teller will be two August 29th. I know, crazy. He is totally obsessed with dinosaurs. He will watch dinosaur train on PBS forever. He can be in the front lawn throwing a fit about getting in the car and all I have to do is say "you can watch dinosaur train". So, for his birthday I rented a train to give rides around the neighborhood. He is going to be so excited! His birthday invites look like train tickets, so cute. He is talking up a storm. New words every day. He is still pretty open minded about food. He knows how to eat an artichoke, it is adorable. Camp is still great, he loves it.

Evan had his tattoo worked on this week. He added some color to it but still has to go back in a month for more. I got a new i phone and love it! OMG, how did i live without.

OOOHHHH, let me tell you this little story....last Saturday this bitch and her husband come in to Tartine for breakfast. She has this nasty look on her face and I just know she is going to be difficult. They both order the baked eggs in brioche. I see the food delivered to her table and she looks at it and shakes her head. Here we go. She comes up to me to tell me her eggs are raw. I tried to explain to her that they are not raw but sometimes the cream separates, well she cut me off to tell me she is breastfeeding and she needs her eggs to be cooked more. Fine, I will be happy to do it. Since her eggs were already perfectly cooked, cooking them more will make them overcooked right? So I guess she wants them a little overcooked. So I bring them back to her and she tells me they are overcooked. I just walked away. I rarely get an unhappy customer and I know how to turn on the charm and get them to walk away lovin' them some Tartine. This bitch, I could give 2 shits if she ever came back. I don't need customers like that. So she finishes every morsel of food on her plate and they leave. Well, she gets on yelp and leaves this nasty review. I stewed on it for a couple of days and then wrote her back. I nicely explained to her that I was a mother too, and knowing she was concerned about breastfeeding I wanted to make sure her eggs were properly cooked. And then, I banned her. Please do not return to Tartine. Sincerely, Cara Benson. a'int that some bullshit? But seriously, how proud are you of me?? Oh, and Evan's line all week: "what do you know, you can't ever properly poach on egg?"

1 comment:

  1. So because I'm nosy, I looked up this chick's review on yelp and then read some of her other reviews and HOLY COW she is a miserable bitch. She seems just absolutely awful. I think banning her from Tartine was the best thing you could have done. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie First Birthday tickers