Monday, May 16, 2011

Are you DRUNK?!?!

It's Monday and I'm supposed to be off but I am sitting in my office working on monthly taxes(playing on facebook and reading blogs) and running out every now and then to get them out of the weeds. Oh, why am I at work on a MONDAY after I promised myself only a month of Mondays?? Because my baker came to work drunk on Friday. When I came in at 7 and asked her where all of the BREAD was she looked at me with bloodshot eyes and said "i don't know, I got here at 4". UGGGHHHH. So I told her to go home, sleep it off, and call me when she woke up so she could REMEMBER me firing her. Well, she never called so I fired her via text last night. HA! Evan talked to a friend of hers and his reply was "Oh, those girls may of gotten into a little blow". WHAT?!?! That is your solution for staying out all night and having to work at 4 a.m. I have no idea what she did for the three hours she was here. Soooo, it's fine because my new guy is starting tomorrow but I really wanted to spend today with Evan and Teller. Not only that, but when I have to make the bread I have to go to bed at 7:30 so I lose my whole night. WAAAANNHH. Ok, I'm done. She did send me an apology via e-mail.

I am currently reading A Thousand Splendid Suns. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Totally depressing- rape, war, misogyny, death...don't know why I am drawn to these kind of books. But if you are too, you should read it. Also loved Unbroken, Sarah's Key, and Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet. Got into a WWII thing for a while there.

Teller's new word is sorry. It is so cute, he apologizes for everything. And not just to us, to strangers too. This man was waiting for me to get Teller out of his car seat to get in his car, and Teller looked at him and said "sorry". I found this play cell phone at Tuesday Morning, which btw kept him occupied for about 40 minutes so I could get some shopping done. But anyway, you can record your voice and when they hit the talk button it plays it. It was like six bucks and might be his most favorite thing ever. I recorded "Hi Teller, it's mama, I love you" and he may of played it 50 times.

2 comments:

  1. I know you are used to how unreliable service staff is, but all these people would drive me INSANE!!!!! I hope your new guy works out.

    And I saw this the other day on someone's facebook page http://www.lapetitetearoom.com/ might be some things to copy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Sarah's Key last summer and I liked it too. I read all of the Hunger Games books (finished the last one about a month ago) and I am STILL having dreams about them. So maybe I shouldn't read the WWII books? Anyway, I hope your new bread guy does a good job so that you can stay home on Mondays!

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie First Birthday tickers