I have been so very very busy I have not had time to post. My week was SO crazy/stressful I actually broke out in hives all over my body yesterday. Nasty, itchy hives. I can't take benedryl so a doctor friend told me to take a zantac. I washed it down with a big glass of wine and they were all gone this morning. My week is a couple of hours away from being over. This week my sink sprung a leak, ice machine clogged up and wouldn't drain, mixer broke (had to buy bread from a local bakery yesterday) and A/C died in the middle of the rush. I had to make 18 batches of buttercream in my kitchen aid yesterday. Maybe not 18 but it felt like it. Anyway, my THREE wedding cakes I had for today are finished and beautiful. Thank god for edible orchids. Oh and to top it off, Mary called in for the entire week. My mom has been watching Teller and doing our laundry all week, bless her heart.
Teller is going to his trial day of nursery school on Monday from 8-10. I am so excited for him. Evan and I went to our formal meeting there to discuss his education, I felt like such a grow up. Sitting with my husband, talking about my son's future education. WHAT?!? Wasn't I at Fat's last night getting drunk and playing poker? Oh wait, that was a decade ago.
NYC was awesome. We ate and ate and ate. We saw Billy Elliott which may be THE BEST PLAY EVER. Seriously, get on travelzoo and book a trip to New York just to see this play. Fabulous. Evan got to go to all of his snobby restaurants and I got called a rube at least a dozen times for questioning why a tiny piece of raw fish and a foam sauce costs a fortune. I did discover the negroni (sp?) It is a cocktail consisting of Campari, Gin, and sweet vermouth and it is lovely. I used to be quite the gin drinker, the whore's drink as my father lovingly calls it. Like we would be at the bar in a restaurant waiting for a table and he would yell over to me "Cara, come get your whore's drink". Thanks Dad.
Teller is bright and beautiful and I love him love him love him. He knows all of his animal sounds and can count to 2! When you ask him "what does a baby say?" He make this sad face and goes "waaaannnhh". So cute. He also know Mickey Mouse says Oh Toodles. Brilliant, I tell ya.
Tomorrow is my birthday. We are going to Le Foret for dinner and then to see West Side Story and then to the Carousel bar for a negroni. YUM!
Happy Birthday Cara!
ReplyDeleteAnd I saw Billy Elliot in Houston last week, hhhhhhhhhhooooooooowwwwwwwwww do those kids learn to dance like that! Loved it!