Another crazy week and sleepless morning. I slept until almost 6 this morning which is a little better. My boys are both sleeping and I'm a little jealous. I should be working on quickbooks. Yuck. I have to enter in my daily sales and deposits every day so that every month I can pay my state and city taxes. They are due on the 20th of the next month. If I did it every day it would take a couple minutes. I wait until the last minute and am frantically writing checks and sealing envelopes while feeding my postman iced tea and brownies and explaining to him how these have to be postmarked today because it is the 20th. I also have to enter in all of my transactions on my account so I can figure out food and labor cost, etc. Well, I have not done this since December 10th.
There is this guy that comes into Tartine. He is kind of a dork and a big foodie. Well, he explained to me his profession one day but it sounded really boring so while he spoke I was trying to come up with the next days special. Well, he tells me a couple weeks later that we need to sit down and really discuss our prior conversation. Huh? So he kept trying to nail me down to a date. I told him to come by the shop when it was slow. He said he would rather a more intimate setting and would like Evan there too. Holy shit, this guy's a swinger. I did not think his wife was that fond of me but I guessed she had a change of heart. I came home and told Evan these people wanted to have sex with us. Not to be a snob, but this couple isn't winning any beauty contests if ya know what I mean. Oh, and we don't swing. We have actually had this awkward convo before after a very drunken night in Key West. Also, a couple of uggos. And a bit older if I remember correctly. ANYWAY, I make the appointment with just myself, prepared to break his heart and he wants to sell me fucking life insurance. Ha.
Thank you for this little gem of a story. I'm going to tell it to people over and over again.
ReplyDeleteAgree with Candice- DEEEEElightftul on Monday morning! I really thought he was going to want to help you with accounting in exchange for food!
ReplyDelete