Evan was all scirred about being decapitated in Mexico so we have decided to celebrate our 5th anniversary in New York City. I am so excited! We will get there the day after our anniversary(Saturday) and stay till Tuesday. We are going to do our big dinner at Le Benandin, looks ridic. We have one lunch (FCI) and one breakfast (Russ & Daughters) planned. I think we are staying at Hotel East Houston (near our old digs) but it's not set in stone. Now I just need to pick out one or two shows and we will be all set! T bone is staying with his Nonnie and is super excited.
Teller has been great, doing new things every day. He is talking a little more. I asked him what was the matter the other day and he said "teeth". He is sitting in his little chair right now reading a book. That kid is so freakin' cute, it's shocking at times. I gave him his first haircut. I just trimmed the back so it is no longer a mullet. I left the whispies by his ears and Evan thinks he looks like a pixie. HaHa.
Tartine is crazy. These stupid groupon people kept harassing me about doing a coupon. I get about 25% of the coupon which doesn't even cover my food cost so I was very hesitant about it. "You have to look at it as advertising" they kept saying. They kept calling on our slow days, it's like they knew, so I caved. The groupon ran Friday and we sold almost 500! 10 were redeemed Saturday and we had one of our top 5 busiest days. I hired an absolute moron to bus tables and run food. My employees and I have narrowed it down to 2 reasons he applied. My old register girl whom I fired sent him there as revenge OR my mom sent him there for her personal job security while she is in Cali. Either way I want to kill this fuckin' guy. I hired him cause he bussed tables at Cafe Atchafalaya for a summer and he graduated from Franklin, so I thought he has to be somewhat intelligent. WRONG. I asked him to bring a scone to the couple at table 7. 10 minutes later I glanced over and saw a scone sitting at table 8. NOBODY WAS EVEN SITTING THERE. Did he think the table was hungry?? Idiot.
Well I have a big day planned with my boys so I must go shower. Peace.
Holy crap, that is all freaking hilarious.
ReplyDeleteI know someone else's small business who was harrassed by Groupon!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad it seemed to work out, enjoy your trip to NYC! It sounds like you deserve it!