Sunday, November 7, 2010

Date Night

So last night was our first date night in for-ev-er. Evan tried to get reservations at this new Italian restaurant but they had nothing within two and a half hours of our preferred time. I really wanted to go there so I called to see if we could come sans reservations or eat at the bar. The maitre de said it was crazy packed and there was a convention in town but we could come if we wanted to wait awhile. My mom was spending the night so we had no curfew so we decided to wait it out. We got there and it was slammed. The bar was 4 deep and people everywhere. The maitre de walked up and said "I know you, you have a fabulous restaurant. Your flavors are spot on! There is a really long wait, but not for you, you are sitting down right now". WHAT?!? My mouth must of been on the floor, I was completely shocked. THEN, our waitress recognized me and told me how much she loves Tartine. They sent us a plate of cured meats and cheeses and comped part of our meal. Every thing was ridiculously good and the service was impeccable. Such a fun night!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, the life of the rich and famous. You deserve the recognition- Tartine IS fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie First Birthday tickers