Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Bye Evan.

Evan is busy at Joel's and opening his own place later this month. He went in with his boss and a couple of other people and they are opening a pop up burger joint on Sunday nights. Tartine is slammin' so I am hiring a Sous Chef. YAY!! Someone to manage, do the purchasing, food cost, specials, menu changes, and on and on and on. I put an ad out there and will start interviewing next week. I wanted Evan there so bad, but financially I think this is the smartest way to go.

We had a fantastic weekend. My mom kept Teller Saturday night and we went to Crescent Pie and Sausage with some friends and Oak for after dinner drinks. We woke up the next morning and went to Luke for breakfast. Mom brought Teller home just in time for the Saints Game. Mom watched him again that night and we went to Domenica with Dad, Katie and Marc. Evan cooked Monday night, soft shell crabs with jumbo lump and bearnaise, roasted potatoes and asparagus. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.


Teller is doing great. He LOVES being outside and walking in the grass. We started taking him to the monkey room a few weeks ago and he loves it. He is so good at climbing and going down all of the slides. He is still into dancing and loves to laugh.

I have been working my ASS off. I can't remember in the whole "I'm going to open my own restaurant" plan where me waking up at 3:45 A.M. sounded like a good idea. And as if I wasn't struggling enough trying to get 6 breads out of the mixer by our 7 a.m. open (another genius idea), I decided to put bagels and sticky buns on the menu. If my bagels weren't so fucking good...:)

OOOOHHHH...I think Evan's home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie First Birthday tickers