Friday, August 13, 2010

Gimme a couple a dem baguette breads, dahlin.

My baby is going to be one in a couple of weeks and I can hardly believe it. His party is going to be awesome. We are roasting a whole pig and making fried rice and all sorts of Polynesian/Hawaiian grub. I rented a some waterslides/pool and a bouncy house for the backyard. I got all the kids grass skirts and coconut sippy cups and tons of leis for everyone. I have pink flamingos for the front yard and an assload of beach balls to hang from the ceiling. Yay!!!

Teller is doing great. I miss him like crazy during the day. I think it gets worse the older he gets. I was thinking all day, thank god tomorrow is Saturday cause when it's over I'll have two whole days with the man. He loves to be chased around. I get down on all fours and tell him I'm coming to get him, and he takes off, laughing hysterically the whole time. He likes reading books, he points at the pictures and babbles. He started waving but every time he does it, he stares at his hand amazed. He is saying uh-oh and bye bye. I'm taking him to get his one year pics done on Monday. I have the cutest outfit ya eva saw! Now I need to get him a pair of shoes.

Work is good. Steady. My dishwasher came to work Saturday and worked like a mad man. Evan turned to me totally confused and asked me what the hell was I talking about (he had been at Joel's all week). Well he evened out somewhere in the middle so we will see.

So this total yat came in last week for lunch. She was standing at the counter reading the menu while I was working on an order.

Yat: "Do you plan on expanding the menu?"
Me: "no"
Yat:"Well it is very limited"
Me:"Hmmm...I don't really see that"
Yat: "Um, Onion Marmalade? I don't eat that. And I certainly don't eat fig mustard. I from N'awlins dahlin. That's what I eat"
Me- Then what the fuck are you doing in here? I said to myself:)

I am trying to decide if I should give her directions to roly poly ooorrrr try and be nice. So I tell her that it's just fancy names for things she would probably like and if she would just open her mind a little bit she might find something she really enjoys. Then I handed her a piece of pate and changed her world. Well, the yat's name is Mary and she is my biggest fan. She comes in everyday, so excited to try something new. She calls me her love and sings my praises all over her office. Her boss and co-workers are now customers of Tartine. She stopped by this afternoon on her way out of the office to "pick up summa dat baguette bread". She brought a new friend who looked a little nervous and didn't know what to order. "You can't go wrong dahlin, everything she makes is fabulous".

3 comments:

  1. Awesome Mary story. Teller's party is going to be a blast - have fun! Cole loves to be chased too - someday they'll chase each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should use that story the next time you're interviewed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree with Candice! LOVE IT! I can't believe Teller is almost one, where the heck does the time go!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie First Birthday tickers