Saturday, May 22, 2010

Inspections

We had the electrical inspection yesterday and we passed. We have the plumbing inspection on Monday, a construction visit from the fire marshal Wednesday, and the final inspection from the state fire marshal the following Thursday. I need to schedule someone from the health department to come out sometime in between and then I can get my occupational license and start cookin'. Wahooo!! It is lookin good. Tony is building the counter and prep table right now. Half of the counter is glass with shelves inside for sweets and treats and the rest of it is wrapped in this beautiful cypress and topped with equator marble. Gorgeous! The prep table will be topped with 10 feet of the same marble with a 2" backsplash. We are also making the mantel out of the marble for the fireplace.

Let me tell you about my plumber. First of all he is EXCELLENT at what he does. I don't know if I will be inviting him to any dinner parties but I would highly recommend him for a plumbing job. The first time I met him he was working in the shop and I had to go over there to sign a contract. I walked in and he peeked his head around the sink with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth and said hello. Actually, I think it was Howdy, mam. Then this mangly looking dog comes walking around the corner. "don't no bother with em mam, that there's my mascot". Huh? So, I signed the contract and he assured me I had better things to do with my time so I left. Evan and I went back the next day to check his progress. He left an orange drink, an empty can of vienna sausages, and a snickers wrapper. Needless to say, he is going to help me with menu ideas. Anyway, I pulled up yesterday and his truck was parked in front of the shop with a can of spaghetti and meatballs on the hood. Was he warming it up? too funny.

I picked out paint for the walls. I am going to faux finish with a pretty yellow, leaving some white coming through. I am doing the fireplace in red and the retail section in orange (with the same finish). I went to an architectural salvation yard and bought a beautiful 200 year old cypress mantel that does not fit:(. hence, the marble. I'm excited about the marble though and I am building the shelves in the front of the store out of cypress so I will still have the marble/wood effect that I am going for. Don't you like how I say I, like I'm over there sawing down wood? Actually, I told him yesterday that we need to get this show on the road, so I will be priming and painting and helping out next week. Pics to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie First Birthday tickers