Monday, February 22, 2010

Coming along...

I had my first week working on the new business and it went great. I scoped out the competition (may have gained a pound or two), narrowed down neighborhoods, wrote my business plan, and researched equipment. We are pretty sure about the name and I played around with the logo last night. Very francsh! Evan is working on the sandwiches, oh my gawd, they are going to be goooood!!! I found a company that ships restaurant equipment for FREE, so now Evan and I don't have to drive a U-haul eight hours away to pick it up. After I got my plan written it all started to feel really real. All of the jumbled ideas in my head got organized onto paper and actually looked good. I computed all of the numbers and it made sense. There is still soooo much to do but I'm really excited about it. The other night I got this brief sick to my stomach feeling that I had to go to work the next day and then realized I didn't, not in the restaurant anyway. Then I thought, I may never have that feeling again. I may be EXCITED to go to work forever.

Teller Man LOVES bananas. I bought him a nuby nibbler that you put whole fruit in and they suck it out. I put some bananas in it and he goes to town, laughing and kicking his feet the whole time. He is still waking up for a 3 a.m. feeding. It's not so bad and sometimes Evan will bring him to me and then put him back to bed. I switched Mary's schedule and now we both have weekends off. I haven't had a weekend off since culinary school. I am enjoying it now because I'm pretty sure the bakery will be open weekends.

1 comment:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers