Teller had a wonderful first Christmas! His Papa, Uncle Robbie, Aunt Jeanne, Uncle Ned and Mima all came in town for it. We had our traditional birthday dinner for Dad Christmas Eve. I made his birthday cake this year, it was no Mima's Buche but it did the job. The boys cooked filet, Evan made his famous stuffed new potatoes and we had asparagus and hollandaise. Dad opened his birthday presents and then we all opened our Christmas presents. Evan got me a second wedding band, it's beautiful! I also got a big Kate Spade bag, some black sheepskin Uggs, a northface vest, a beautiful necklace, slippers, clothes, a gorgeous painting my aunt did, and tons of other really great stuff!
We had Christmas brunch at our house. The menu included shrimp and grits, pancetta and caramelized onion quiche with goat cheese, bagels and lox, and cheese and cured meat board. I even made homeade crackers with different flavored salts. The twins opened their mountain of gifts and Teller slept through the whole thing. I showed him all of his present when he woke up and he was thrilled! He got a ton of clothes, books, toys and of course his first ornament from mom and dad. We took a drive out to Mom's house in Slidell that afternoon and Evan fished while we built a fire. After a couple hours, Evan came up empty handed and we headed back to the city.
Christmas night Evan boiled 10 lobsters outside in the crawfish pot and Marc made his delicious risotto. It was quite the feast and a great end to Christmas.
On to other exciting news:
Teller ROLLED OVER today. Mary called in sick today so Evan brought Teller to Mom's house this morning. I went to pick him up this afternoon and she told me he rolled over. I was thinking he did this kind of half roll that he has been working on but when we got home I put him on his blanket and by golly, the boy rolled over. Congratulations Tell Tell!!
No comments:
Post a Comment