Tuesday, November 3, 2009

getting better...

Teller is finally getting over his cold. He started sleeping more and he is now back in his co-sleeper and out of our bed so I am sleeping more too. We went to the doctor today and he is in the 75th percentile for height and weight. He got a few shots and he is napping. While we were waiting for the doc I was telling Evan what I was going to ask him:

Will the shots give him fever? If so, how much tylenol should I give him?
When does he start solids?

If he weans himself before a year, do I give him formula or whole milk?

Evan asked me why he would wean himself. I told him they sometimes do it around nine months and I read it is because the taste of your milk changes, I think it becomes saltier. Evan said "We are a salt lovin' people. He's gonna be eatin that shit up!" He then took Teller from my arms and proceeded to dance with him around the waiting room to stop his crying. I smiled politely at the family next us and prayed that our name would be the next to be called. It was.
.
We dressed Teller up as a baby giraffe for Halloween but he was still feeling pretty rough and slept through it. I was feeling pretty rough myself so I sat on the sofa with him. Evan put on a Halloweenish shirt and gave out candy.






3 comments:

  1. Ohhh I hope that sweet giraffe gets back to 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teller looks so cute in his little costume! I'm glad he's starting to feel better and sleep a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats funny. Actually most babies don't wean before a year, its very rare. just so you know ;)

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie First Birthday tickers