Our 36 week appointment was yesterday and turned out to be pretty uneventful. She checked my cervix which is still high and I am not dialated. She said it's looking like on or after my due date. I really thought he was just about ready. I even washed all of his clothes and blankets and went out and bought my first pair of "mom" pajamas for the hospital. She gave me some exercises to do to speed up the process but I may wait until I'm really desperate. I bought curtains for his room and Evan hung them, they look great!
I am enjoying my leave from work. I just wish I had more energy to do things but I guess that is why I am on leave to begin with. We have done a few things. We went to Lafayette over the weekend to hang with Dad. We had a really great time and had a fabulous dinner at I Monellis. The car ride wasn't the most pleasurable experience and we had to stop a lot so I could pee but worth it! Last night we went to our neighborhood pot luck party. Evan made Mac n Cheese, it was very tasty. I made cookies and burnt half of them so I saved the other half and ate them when I got home. We had a lot of fun and met all the new people in the hood. There are two other girls that are pregnant and everyone has kids so Teller will have a lot of friends to play with.
Mmmmm Evan's Mac n Cheese...I would love some of that =) That's great that there are other moms around, I love the girls I hang out with, its great to have support of other moms and for Teller to have other kids his age. Call me soon!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're finally getting a chance to rest! I'll try to come visit you again before the baby comes. I'll call you soon.
ReplyDelete