Thursday, July 30, 2009

Officially on Maternity Leave

Today was my last work day until November!!! Dr. Ross told me I could work until the end of the week but when I got to work yesterday they said to go ahead and make today my last day. Gladly. Being on my feet for any extended amount of time was getting really hard. My boss has to teach a class on Celiac Disease and other reasons people eat Gluten free and what it means, etc. So I've been sitting in the office working on that while balancing my checkbook, day trading, and keeping up with my e-mail. I could totally have a desk job. Okay back to my point. So, I'm sitting in the office today and I hear one of the managers come into the kitchen. "Cara hasn't left yet has she?" I hear her ask frantically. She comes into the office relieved to see me. Aww, that's sweet I think, she knows it's my last day and wants to tell me bye and good luck and keep us updated and all that stuff you say to someone who is leaving to have a baby. "Do you think you could make us something really yummy since it's your last day? I'm thinking gooey brownies or ooooh ooooh I could really go for some carrot cake. Nothing to big, maybe for like ten people?" She gets this all out in one breath and while I'm looking for a stapler to throw at her she scoots out of the office. Are you kidding me??!!! So I took off my jacket, grabbed my purse and left the building not to look back until November.

2 comments:

  1. Im so glad you didnt make them something! Idiots. YAY for no more work! Time to rest--if you can, and prepare...mommyhood is right around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so close! And I can't belive they asked you to make something else! Enjoy your last couple of weeks and stay out of the heat!

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie First Birthday tickers