
I am 10 weeks pregnant and hoping the morning sickness begins to lighten up, though it seems to be getting worse. I had a pretty rough weekend and yesterday wasn't too much better. But I was off work and I think the overwhelming smells are the heart of it. Sunday I got stuck in the elevator with the remnants of the lingering smell of poached eggs, right as I was coming back from the bathroom from being sick. Won't be having brunch ever again. I have tried so many remedies and some seem to help but nothing completely stops it.

Lemon Heads
Sour Jack kids
Actually, every sour candy on the market
Lemonade/Limeade/ginger ale
Ginger tea, ginger candy, ginger snaps, crystallized ginger and ginger root
Sea Bands - wrist bands with plastic balls to hit your nausea pressure points
Crackers
Eating small meals frequently
Lying on my left side

Yesterday morning I woke up convinced that if I ate a twinkie before I got out of bed I would feel better, so sweet Evan got up and went to three stores in search of twinkies. He called me with the bad news and I could not believe it, now I haven't eaten a twinkie in 20 years but there is no way they stopped making them. Well, he did find some strawberry roll concoction that resembled a twinkie so I ate that and felt like shit all day. He eventually found twinkies at Rouses last night and I had one before I got out of bed this morning. So far, so good. I may be onto something. Although I just got out of bed and only walked about twenty steps to the computer. A lot of movement also brings it on pretty strong. It's like a goldfish bowl being carried around by a two year old.

Enough about twinkies and vomit. Other than that I am doing okay. My dad came in town for the weekend and we had a lot of fun. Friday night we went to Patois for dinner which was excellent. I had a little scare from a whiff of Evan's sardines but it quickly passed. My short ribs and pasta was delicious. Saturday night we cooked at Katie's, when I say we I mean everybody but me cooked at Katie's. Oops, and Marc's :) We had filet, roasted potatoes and salad. Oh, and cupcakes for dessert from bee sweet, omg they are sooo good. My favorite is vanilla/vanilla. I was so happy it still tasted good because I have definitely lost a bit of my sweet tooth. I can't even eat chocolate anymore! That was the most I have done in two days in a long time. I have been so tired lately I could just sleep all of the time. I know Evan is getting ancy, he is not one for sitting still so tomorrow night we are going to a Hornets game with Katie and Marc.

I've started to have a few cravings, hence the twinkies. I wanted sesame chicken soooo bad the other night I though I would for sure die if I did not get it. Evan was at a party so I had to make the effort to call it in, put on appropriate clothes, and drive to pick it up so you can see how desperately I wanted this chicken. I picked it up from a place called China House located in a strip mall on General DeGaulle and let me tell you, it was the Best Damn sesame chicken I've ever tasted.
FYI dont watch the food network, while i had morning sickness it was bad and made me sicker, and while I had cravings I wanted EXACTLY what was on tv. I think they should make a menu you can order from like room service. =) Hang in there...its almost over I promise---then the fun begins with starting to show, finding out the sex, shopping and then BABY! love you!
ReplyDelete