Monday, December 13, 2010

All I want for Christmas...

So yesterday was my big shopping day. I knocked out the twins first, they were pretty easy and then I was stumped on everyone else. I spent a couple hours online and then spent a few hours shopping. I had nothing accomplished. Evan, being the man that he is, was annoyed by the whole situation. "Just give me the list Cara, and I'll knock it out for you". "Really Evan?? In the last nine years you have never once helped me with a present idea for anyone". Oh yeah people, it was all me. So I started naming people and he would respond with a great present. Parents, Aunt, Uncle, Brother, Mima-Done. Wow. I guess it's like anything else you just assume they don't know how to do. Don't assume ladies, they may be really good at it. So now I just have a handful of people left to buy for and a whole 10 days to do it.

We bought our Christmas tree yesterday. Evan wanted a tabletop this year so the baby would not be tempted to tear it apart. I wanted a real full size tree. Well, I won. The trees were half off at Lowes and I can't pass up a great deal. Besides, I explained to Evan that we will just teach Teller the tree is just to look at and not to touch. Well, he did not quite understand that. He was pretty sure the ornaments were candy and was determined to get everyone he could into his mouth. Well, now the top half of our tree is decorated and he seems to be over it.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Sometimes they surprise you! We put our tree on a wooden box about a foot high. It has helped with the ornament pulling!

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie First Birthday tickers