Sunday, August 1, 2010

Busy Week

My little munchkin is WALKING!! He is up to 5 steps now. He wants to run before he walks so he winds up on the floor but it doesn't deter him. He is babbling all of the time. I was feeding him the other night and was trying to get him to say more instead of high pitched screams when the food doesn't come fast enough. It came out "mah", Evan said "of course his first word would be more". He is sooo cute! Evan too! So, Teller turns ONE next this month!! I can't believe it. We are going to do his party at the house and I am going to rent a huge water slide for the yard because it is hotter than hell here in Nola. I don't know what to do for his cake. Everything he is into would not be so appropriate: toilets, toilet paper, doors, cabinets, cables, dvd cases, you get the picture. Mary told me not to worry, she was going to come over early to help. sweet. She kind of said it like I was not capable of throwing a party for a one year old but what-ev, I'll take it.

This week has been nuts. Friday may have been one of the most stressful days ever. The restaurant was jam packed, tables were filthy, the kitchen was a mess, there was a stack of tickets on the board an inch thick. AAAAHHHH!! Saturday, my mom came in for back-up and bussed tables all day and everything went smoothly. It was our best day to date! So now, I just need to hire a busser for a few hours a day. We got a wonderful write-up on www.neworleans.com.

http://www.neworleans.com/food/new-orleans-food/443731-bread-and-pastry-reign-at-new-cafe-tartine.html

And someone wrote about us on their blog:

http://bouillie.wordpress.com/2010/07/31/uptowns-newest-cafe/

1 comment:

  1. Cute precious Teller! So fun, I can't believe he's walking! Wasn't it just last month when you wrote on here how he was born????!!!! This year has gone crazy fast.

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie First Birthday tickers