Sunday, July 25, 2010

Oh yeah, it's that good!

People are LOVIN' Tartine!! Evan was busy with Joel's Thursday, Friday, and Saturday and we got slammed. I mean, crazy, stressful, got my ass handed to me, slammed. And later that night, with a glass of wine, it felt great. There was a point on Friday where every table in the restaurant, inside and out, was full and a line of people standing on the side. Aaaahhhh!! We did it though, and nobody complained. I have to tell you, I have gotten the nicest compliments over the last few days. Warms my heart.

One guy was leaving yesterday morning after eating a piece of quiche and a scone and turned around a said "I just can't think of a better way to start my day".

An older lady called me over yesterday after finishing her grilled vegetable sandwich and told me it was the best thing she has ever put in her mouth.

A couple who came in three times in two days went on and on about everything. Loved it.

A few food writers have come in and gushed over the food. I am going to be in Septembers issue of New Orleans Magazine so watch out.

Wednesday, August 4th I will be on Restaurant Revue on Cox channel 74 at 3pm. DVR it.

Evan's August is picking up so I have a friend/cook who just finished the french culinary institute who is going to help out. I did a couple of catering orders last week so I am hoping that picks up.

Teller is napping and I am waiting for Evan to get home from Joel's so we can enjoy our family funday!

2 comments:

  1. You are soooo going to be famous. Let me know when you're ready to open more Tartine's so that I can quit my job and work at your Northshore location.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cara! This whole post just makes me smile from ear to ear- I can't wait to be in New Orleans so we can come by to eat!!!!!! Congrats Congrats Congrats...oh and Teller is ridic. RIDIC cute!

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie First Birthday tickers