Teller woke up at six to eat. While I am feeding him I hear explosive sounds coming from his backside. "Please stay in the diaper" I am praying. I reach around to feel and his whole back is wet. So I get up to change him and his pajamas have more poop than his diaper. I already woke Evan up at one for a new pair when he wet them (I swear he pees as much as an adult), so I don't want to get him up again so I decide to just snuggle him tight till we get up in a couple of hours. While I'm reaching for a clean diaper he starts peeing and it is aimed at my panties. So I throw the diaper over him for the remainder of the pee and then get up and change my underwear and get back in bed to find that the pee hit the diaper and ended up on the sheets that I washed YESTERDAY! So now I have poop, pee and some breast milk (I am still trying to master nursing lying down) (not so good at it) on my side of the bed. So me and the naked baby make our way over to Evan's side of the bed. He was thrilled.
Now I am enjoying my coffee and my little angel is sleeping in his bouncy. I guess I will be washing those sheets again today.
I interviewed this lady Mary on Tuesday. She was coming over for one so I was trying to get a million things done before she got here and before I knew it it was a quarter to and I hadn't fed Teller yet. I start feeding him, which he likes a good 30 to 45 minute feeding. He got 7 so I am thinking he is going to be a nightmare. She came in and held him and he just layed there and smiled at her for a good fifteen minutes and then fell asleep in her arms. She assured me she would take wonderful care of him and keep my house clean. Yay. I was feeling very good about it when I got a call from her that evening. Shit, I thought, she changed her mind. She said she just wanted to let me know if Evan and I wanted a night out or if I needed her any earlier she was available. Sweet I thought. Then she told me she was talking to her neighbor that afternoon and telling her how precious Teller was and how she was going to "guard him with my life as if he were one of my own" AND THEN she asked me"if I am still around when he is old enough, do you think he could call me Memay, that is what my grandchild calls me?" Okay, so now I am in tears and I can barely get it out to tell Evan. I think I done good.
You are so lucky finding Memay! I so wish I could get someone like that for Cole. We are going to try the daycare route until I can convince Spike to let me stay home.....
ReplyDeletemay be awhile. I am laughing out loud at your poo/pee/milk situation. We've had similar issues here. I think there is breast milk on every surface of my house!