Thursday, April 15, 2010

Thank you Mr. Fire Marshal

The Fire Marshal has approved our plans and we are one step closer to becoming a bakery. I am going to City Hall on Monday to submit the plans to the Health Dept and hopefully we will have our change of use permit next week. I met with the contractor this morning and he is going to start the demolition tomorrow. It's a pretty small job and we are not getting a dumpster so cross your fingers we don't get flagged. I've been doing a bit of work in the back yard and am going to have a friend help me with the landscaping. I have two big pecan trees and a Japanese plum. I am going to put some rosemary bushes and an herb garden. "Oh let me just run outside to pick some fresh basil for that sandwich". AHHHH, I can't wait!!! See the two windows? Well you can't because blogger won't upload them. My prep tables will right under them. I've never worked in a kitchen with windows before, sooo excited.

So now I need to pick the stone out for my prep tables and counter tops. I am between black granite and limestone. I was leaning towards limestone but I don't know how it's going to look when it stains. I am going to meet with the guy tomorrow, I'm sure he can give me some insight.

I picked out all new shiny equipment. I was going to go with used but I met with a salesman at a local supplier and it wasn't nearly as much as I thought it would be. Now, the project as a whole is another story but it will all pay off, I'm sure!

Tony(my contractor) is going to build glass display cases into the counter tops and Harry(a family friend contractor) is going to build my bread displays.

I am slowly trying to figure out how to build a website. www.tartineneworleans.com

Evan has some quick changes he wants to make to the menu and then I will try and get it up.

Teller is wonderful. He has been sleeping 7 to 7 for about a week and a half now, it's great. One night I let him cry through the 3 a.m. feeding (about 5 minutes and he went back to sleep) and he never woke up for it again. I have finally trained my body to sleep through it too so we are a happy, well rested family!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhhhhh I lost your blog somehow and now I'm reunited and it feels so good! YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY Tartine!!! (okay off to catch up!)

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie First Birthday tickers